Friday, March 28, 2008

Practising God’s Presence

Heyz, Beloved Southies!

Today's daily devotional really struck me today. It's about, "Practising God’s Presence". See the link if you haven't read it. http://www.newcreation.org.sg/resources/dailydevotion/dailydevo.asp (read it today or it will be different tomorrow)

Somehow it just struck me that practising His presence is something that I did not really try. The devotional gave a lot of practical examples and it just inspired me to try.

Even while eating my cereal I imagined Jesus was across the table smiling as I ate.

I was running late and needed a taxi and I saw Him already at the street helping me flag a taxi.

Can you imagine how many cabs will be attracted to that place because Jesus is there? It's like the boat-sinking, net-breaking load of fish that was attracted to Peter's boat.

It's really cool. Today even as I am on duty I will imagine Him in the island making sure that everything is alright so I'm looking forward to a relaxed duty.

I'm on duty on Sunday again (see my blog for details on that) so I will not be able to see you all on Sunday.

Have a blessed weekend, people!

Resting in His Love and Practising His Presence,
John Gabriel

2 comments:

YaN! said...

hey u have a blessed week too! thanks for highlighting that daily devotional.. i read them everyday and, and it speaks to me more when im emo (which is once in a while haha) so didnt pay too much attention to that one. cool. simple but sooo true.. tks, it was a gd reminder :)

the girl whom Jesus loves most said...

i like this post! :)