Sunday, May 18, 2008

hello everybody!

I thought today's arrow service was really great! What pastor shared was really powerful and I'd just like to share with ya all some of the things I've personally received.

You know pastor shared about how the fear of man can come in the form of shyness? And its because we're very conscious of ourselves, what others will think about us and all? Personally that's a very real fear in my life. Many a times, i wanted to share with others about my life and about my views on things, but somehow the words get choked just when I'm about to speak. And immediately, I'll draw back because I'd think that what I have to say may not be important at all and what if I say something stupid which will make me look totally like a klutz? But my heart wants to share and more often than not, I go home regretting my actions and this is where self condemnation comes kicking in. But today pastor said something which really struck me. He said, 'My acceptance is not in what I've been in the past, but knowing that I am accepted in the beloved.'

Ephesians 1:6 says, 'to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved.'

It made me realized that I do not have to be smart/rich/good looking to be accepted in the beloved, but its just purely by His grace and EVERYONE is entitled to it, despite and in spite of our failures or shortcomings. Because then its really by His grace (undeserved, unearned and unmerited favor) by which He has made us accepted. This really opened up my heart because it showed me that its really not about how much i try to gain His approval, but its a gift from Him simply because He loves me.

Even starting to write this post was quite difficult for me and I pondered about it for quite a while because I would think about whose going to read it, how others will feel after reading it and what are their opinions about it. But I'm just reminded about today's service. It doesn't matter about what others will think about me or about this entry after i post it because I know that no matter what I do in the past, the present or in the future, I'm still accepted by my abba father and that's all that matters. I just felt like sharing so here I am. Small faith steps. It's a small part of what I've received from today's sermon and even though it's not a very long entry, I hope this will bless you.

1 comment:

ongsheryL said...

ClariceClarice! Thanks so much for sharing. i also got dat problem since young. but juz knowing how much Abba loves gives me strength. though it may not be suddenly immediately im not shy alr, but slowly n slowly, my confidence raise in Him, e one who has granted me approval right from e very start.yay! i also like it when Pastor says dat we r God's choice.n dat we r the generation dat would raise up. super cool!=) Thanks again, Clarice! =)