Saturday, October 4, 2008

04/10 Saturday..

Hey beloveds just thought I'd like to share with everybody my bible study this morning.. hey it's rare these days I actually get a chance to do research and everything haha..

I was reading 2 Sam 23:20-23 you know the part about David's mighty men? yeah I thought I'd wanted to learn and see more for myself.. what struck me was that I was Googling names of these mighty men and this appeared in one of the site-ref http://www.growingchristians.org/dfgc/mighty.html

I didn't agree to some parts of it 'cos spiritual warfare is not tiring.. It is easy and light.. cos Jesus has already won the victory.. the part where he quotes the devil comes as a roaring lion.. cast your cares onto Jesus.. it's easy.. the struggle that may be tiring is turning your eyes to see yourself actively throwing your cares upon Jesus.. that's hare for someone who was hidden his cares in his heart for at least 18 years wow!

Hanyway.. Benaiah's name means God has established

20And Benaiah son of Jehoiada, a valiant man of Kabzeel, who had done many notable acts, slew two lion-like men of Moab. He went down also and slew a lion in a pit on a snowy day.

21And he slew an Egyptian, a handsome man. The Egyptian had a spear in his hand, but Benaiah went down to him with a staff, snatched the spear out of the Egyptians hand, and slew the man with his own spear.

22These things Benaiah son of Jehoiada did, and won a name beside the three mighty men.

23He was more renowned than the Thirty, but he attained not to the [first] Three. David set him over his guard or council.

1 thing I noted was that He killed lion-like men and a Lion.. sounds familiar huh.. David himself killed a lion and Goliath whom David himself claimed was not as lion-like as a lion.. I mean if David could say I have killed a Lion and a bear.. which means he placed Goliath on par with lions and bears (: is that why David had higher regard for him than all his other 30 men to place him charge over his council?

2 when fighting the Egyptian he went down with a staff.. what kind of staff?maybe a shepherds staff? hmm sounds familiar I think? 1 Sam 17:43 "Am I a dog that you come at me with sticks?"

what was Davids reply? I'm sure David must have prayed.. and he did he prayed in fact earnestly like what pastor preached..

46This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will smite you and cut off your head. And I will give the corpses of the army of the Philistines this day to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

47And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saves not with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord's, and He will give you into our hands.

He declared his victory and he knew where his victory lay.. it is the Lord's battle and his victory.. I'm sure David knew He already had the victory.. that's why he had so much courage.. I mean he could have thought what if my stone misses? I only have 5? his armour is so thick how am I supposed to penetrate it?

back to benaiah..

where did he find his strength this strength and courage? remenber, those who were at Adullam cave were distressed in debt and discontented.. how would a distressed man with all the cares in the world fight a lion and even go into the pit to destroy it.. it's like walking into the gates of hell.. singling the devil out and spraying him with a water pistol till he surrenders..

So beloveds.. I want you to remember that Jesus is our David.. to do these wondrous exploits is not easy naturally, but knowing that a fellowship with our heavenly David removes your cares worries and burdens gives you the strength to kill lions, slay demons and terrorise the devil!!!

Shalom! and don't worry especially at this time where it is the most crucial study period.. don't worry about what results you want to get for it is the Lord's exam and it is his victory.. can God fail? neither will you just keep trusting in his favour and grace.. keep studying with the peace inside you! Jesus is faithful to his word and whatever you ask in his name you SHALL receive AMEN!

1 comment:

Wu Xin said...

Amen... thanks bro :)