Thursday, June 26, 2008

My own personal experience.

Thanks, Jo for sharing dat wonderful post! Made me wana share mine too.

Yep, juz ytd i was listening to Shout To The Lord Kids album songs. Those songs reminded me of my journey with God as a little girl, the familiar feeling juz rushed back to me. so awesome. =)

In secondary school, every time there's a netball match, without fail on the bus trip to the match, i would juz pull out my disc-man (at dat time) n listen to these songs. The anxiety would be so great dat u cant sleep e last night or eat food dat day, esp if it was a crucial match. But the songs really gave me peace n calmed my heart before the game. But really, it was juz God's presence with me, whispering soft words of assurance n love. It reminded me how much i relied on God for strength n wisdom on how to move on court. ya, n im really sure most of e time when i was there at the right place n right time to intercept the ball, its really e holy spirit that guided me there.

Another thing was dat there were times when i wonder how come my parents never wanted to see any of my matches or how i play. Since i was really into netball, how come they din seem to be interested? But of coz i dun blame them, as in probably e lack of time. Once, juz b4 i left for dat day's games, i asked my mum for some good wishes juz for fun, but she told me she hoped my team wouldn't make it to round 2, so i could go back earlier to study. Though it could be a joke or sth meant well for me, but it really hurt me a lot.

Dat's y i understand when our heavenly father can cover up the void or empty-ness which ur earthly parents cant, even though they dun mean it. I believe my heavenly father was there with me for every single match, jumping up n punching the air with a super wide smile everytime i intercepted a ball or when our team scored. Even smiling at me, n mouthing the words, 'its gonna be alrite' when i fail to be fast enough or tall enough. His presence n support really meant a whole lot to me. =) It's like our own close relationship, juz me n him. awesome.

4 comments:

Wu Xin said...

Praise God! Hallelejah! for He is for me... His presence with me is my success

Anonymous said...

yeah!! sheryl!!! thanks for sharing yours too!! i'm blessed by that too!! isnt our Abba sweet!!?? He REALLY knows how to love us JUST THE WAY WE WANT!!=D LOVES=D

clarice said...

Yup..He knows how to calm ourselves down better than we know how to ourselves all the time. (: I really like that! :D

the girl whom Jesus loves most said...

wow, so timely haha..
-weiling