Saturday, April 12, 2008

why i go to church..

hi guys! its been quite a few days since people blogged about this, so i guess ill do it then! (:

ANYWAY, this is my FIRST blog post on this blog..so YAY!

hokay hokay..moving right along.. why do i go to church? hm..when i was young, my parents would bring me to this church and i totally see no point in going. i remembered i will wake up very early on sunday mornings and sneak out of my room to watch cartoon shows without waking my parents up so that by the time they woke up, we would have been late for church so we didnt have to go... it wasnt until i went to to praise kids in primary two that i really enjoyed church services ever since..probably because of the nice songs that we will sing and because of the company and stuff..

but as i grew older, going to church didnt just become a i-go-because-my-parents-wants-me-to or because i have to thingy, but it was really in that i know that there IS a God out there and there've always been a void in my heart in which deep down, i know that only God can fill it..and pastor messages have indeed taught me a lot a lot..sometimes i will feel that the whole world have failed me (when actually they did not) and it seems as though everything in this world have disappointed me..and it is at this point of time that im really thankful that i know that God has never and will never give up on me..even when i feel/think that i've reached the lowest moments in my life.

that would be the main reason because i know that im quite a emo person and am pretty easily affected by my surroundings like my peers and stuff BUT sometimes for me, the hardest problems i encounter is when my mind battle against itself..its like i could be having world war two inside my mind..thats why i know that i need God in my life to save me and to teach me and also for me to stay rooted in what His Word says about me and not what the world say/think about me..and going to church to feed on His Word and to be filled with His Love all over again is really what meant a lot to me.

that aside, the other reason why i go to church is because of YOU GUYS. you know i may not be very very very very x1000000000 close to everybody..but there's just this peaceful and happy feeling in knowing that we have something that we all believe in and He's REAL. and i just know that i can come to you guys even in my ugliest moments (like my sore eyes ha ha) and you guys will still care and love me..but the thing i like the most is, you guys always point me back to the cross and His love for me whenever im going through some trials in my life.. cause whenever i face problems in my life, i tend to forget that He still loves me so its really really really cool that when i forget, i have commando friends like you to point me back to God and im really really thankful for that. (count the number of 'really's)

so yeapppp thats about all..haha God bless! cheers! :D -winks-

-clarice(:

3 comments:

YaN! said...

"that aside, the other reason why i go to church is because of YOU GUYS. you know i may not be very very very very x1000000000 close to everybody..but there's just this peaceful and happy feeling in knowing that we have something that we all believe in and He's REAL. and i just know that i can come to you guys even in my ugliest moments (like my sore eyes ha ha) and you guys will still care and love me..but the thing i like the most is, you guys always point me back to the cross and His love for me whenever im going through some trials in my life.. cause whenever i face problems in my life, i tend to forget that He still loves me so its really really really cool that when i forget, i have commando friends like you to point me back to God and im really really thankful for that. "

you know, that is exactly how i feel too. thank God for you clarice! and thank God for this CG!!

clarice said...

haha im really thankful to God for you too yan! and everyone else in JC SOUTH! :D

his_own said...

"i have commando friends like you to point me back to God....."

hmmmm. commando. hmmmm. i wonder..


:)